Auburn motel fire leaves lodgers out in the cold

8:36 AM, Jan 28, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • Fire at Motel 6 in Auburn.
  • Fire at Motel 6 in Auburn.
  • Fire at Motel 6 in Auburn.
    

AUBURN, Calif. - About a dozen guests at the Motel 6 at 1819 Auburn Ravine Road were stranded in the cold Monday morning due to a fire in one of the rooms.

Firefighters from Placer County, Auburn and Newcastle brigades responded to the motel around 4 a.m., evacuated the building and had the fire contained by 4:30 a.m.

One room was badly damaged by fire and several rooms on the second floor suffered smoke damage, according to Battalion Chief Fred Lopez.

Following a subsequent investigation, Cal Fire declared the fire was accidentally sparked by a microwave in the room.

No injuries were reported.

 

News10/KXTV

Most Watched Videos